Regardless whether data is used or created, it must be properly managed through formal concepts, principles, and techniques. When data is not properly managed, they become less useful for supporting the current business activities or future business activities. Analyzing historical trends and patterns, performing current business operations and making operational decisions, and evaluating future business options and opportunities can only be done with a high-quality data resource.
As a result, we will:
• Carry out data collection on behalf of clients
• Do data entry and Cleansing
• Create and enforce policies for effective data management
• Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
• Establish rules and procedures for data sharing managerial entities, external stakeholders etc.
• Provide Support in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company standards
• Assist with reports and data extraction when needed
• Monitor and analyse information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.)
• Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses
• Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications
• Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects
EDS is has the capacity to develop an interactive web mapping applications to provide a window into your projects via an intuitive, visual interface that updates in real time as data changes. We designs web and mobile applications that are simple and easy to use for people without any GIS experience and we also provide training in GIS and GPS. Over and above the standard courses that we offer we also develop courses that meet the specific requirements of our clients.
Other GIS technologies/services provided by the team include:
• Mobile data collection – we build custom maps and field data collection forms for smartphones and tablets to improve the efficiency and the accuracy of field work
• Web-mapping – our web maps are intuitive to use and streamline team collaboration. We use open source and commercial components and customize the applications to meet client needs.
• Cartography, atlases, and interactive maps – maps contribute to a deeper understanding of our environment, improved communication, and better decision making.
• Digital mapping and 3D visualization of surfaces/ sub-surfaces
• Database development and management